To mark the Winmau World Masters Darts Tournament, which kicks off on Wednesday 10th October, we have a very special prize to give away!
The Winmau Blade4 is the Official Pro Tournament Dartboard of the competition and we have one signed by Scott Waites aka. Scotty 2 Hotty.
To be in with a chance to win this fantastic prize, simply click the image below and follow the instructions.
Don’t forget you can watch all the action from the Winmau World Masters on ESPN.
Sick and tired of Football monopolising the back-pages? Rugby fans can be heard rejoicing across Europe with the return of the RBS VI Nations Championship this Saturday.
England face Scotland in their opening tie and with the potential for a drastically new-look team to be fielded, we are awaiting this fixture with some anticipation!
For those of you who need an even greater Rugby fix we have created a dedicated Six Nations store. Featuring everything from Replica Rugby Shirts and Balls to Books about the game. Click HERE to find a bargain.
Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a brilliant Christmas time! I’m sure many of you will have made a New Year’s Resolution. Let me guess what is was… Does it have anything to do with fitness or losing weight? (I can hear 95% of you saying ‘yes’) Here at base.com we have a new fitness based promotion with everything you could need to help maintain and assist your fitness resolution.
In our Get Fit – Shape Up promotion you will find everything from Workout DVD’s to Cookery Books to Heart Monitors. With up to 70% of all selected items you are sure to find a bargain!
This Saturday marks the start of the new highly anticipated Formula 1 2011 season, but is all the hype around the new season justified? Well new rules, regulations and suppliers should all help, but with the sport gaining such little (positive) media attention in the off-season we decided to compile our own list of the major changes this season, so you can be up to speed before the lights go green in Australia.
Team & Driver Line up Changes:
- Lotus Renault GP – The unfortunate injuries suffered to Robert Kubica during the Ronde di Andora rally has ruled him out almost definitely for the entire season. The experienced Nick Heidfeld has been drafted in, but I’m sure everybody hopes to see Robert back as soon as possible.
- AT&T Williams – The team has in my view made a big error in dropping Nico Hülkenberg, last season’s rookie was beginning to prove his worth in F1 and deserved a second season. Nico has been replaced by 2010 GP2 Series champion Pastor Maldonado.
- Force India – Vitantonio Liuzzi jumps ship/pushed to Hispania Racing, to be replaced by Rookie Brit Paul di Resta, can he emulate the instant success of Lewis Hamilton, perhaps not straight away, but another British driver is always a welcome addition to the grid.
- Sauber F1 Team – Mexican Sergio Pérez, runner-up in the GP2 Series last season, fills the second driver seat here.
- Hispania Racing- As mentioned, Vitantonio Liuzzi joins along with Narain Karthikeyan (remember him? perhaps not, he had a fairly uninspired stint with Jordan in the 2005 season)
- Virgin Racing – The frankly under-rated Timo Glock is joined by another F1 newbie in the form of Jérôme d’Ambrosio, who had been with the team as their Friday test driver.
Major Rule Changes:
- The return of the 107% qualifying rule. Let’s hope the newer teams have caught up with the pace in the winter development period!
- Bridgestone has ended its long-running tyre supplier deal with the sport, being replaced by Pirelli. Will this make a difference the racing? Possibly yes as rumours suggest tyres may now been designed to degrade quicker on purpose in an effort to mix up the pit strategies.
- F-ducts have been banned but the energy boost system KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) makes a comeback.
- An adjustable rear wing system has been implemented to give drivers an optional speed-boost in certain conditions. The availability of the system will be controlled remotely by the FIA and only allowed under certain conditions. Controversy awaits!
The last 2 seasons will prove hard to beat in terms of excitement and closeness, but a mixture of new rookie drivers and the return of over-taking aids like KERS and the new adjustable rear wings should see the on-track action increase and take pit-lane strategy to another level. I know the team at Base.com are excited for the talking to stop and the engines to start.
Base.com would also like to congratulate Codemasters for winning the Sports category at the GAME BAFTA’s this year with their multi-format F1 2010. A well deserved win for a truly excellent game.